03 Jul 2019
Intel® Quartus® Prime Software: Foundation
You will learn how to use the Intel® Quartus® Prime software to develop an FPGA design from initial design to device programming. You will create a new project, input new or existing design files, and compile your project. You’ll learn how to search for compilation information, use settings and assignments to adjust the results of compilation, and manage I/O-related assignments using the Pin Planner and the Interface Planner. You will also learn about device programming files and how to program an FPGA device on your board. You will learn techniques to help you plan your design. You will employ Intel® Quartus® Prime features that can help you achieve design goals faster. You will also learn how to plan and manage I/O assignments for your target device.
At Course Completion you will be able to:
- Make pre-project decisions to prepare for an Intel® Quartus® Prime design.
- Create, manage, and compile Intel® Quartus® Prime projects.
- Use Intel® Quartus® Prime tools to view the results of compilation.
- Review compilation results in various Intel® Quartus® Prime software reports and graphical viewers.
- Plan and manage device I/O assignments using Pin Planner and Interface Planner.
- Understand device programming files and their use with the Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer.
- Background in digital logic design
- Ability to describe a hardware system using VHDL, Verilog, or EDA schematic tool.
- Experience with PCs and the Windows operating system.
Upon completing this course, we recommend the following courses (in no particular order):
- Introduction to the Platform Designer System Integration Tool (Qsys).
- Designing with the Nios® II Processor.
Below are the related courses you may be interested in:
- The Intel® Quartus® Prime Software: Foundation (Pro Edition) (Online Training).
- The Intel® Quartus® Prime Software: Foundation (Standard Edition) (Online Training).